Can you add custom assets ? i want to import my art into the map so i dont have to use other external programs to add them.
Tabletop RPG Map editor II
A downloadable map editor for Windows
RPG Map II is a "tabletop RPG" oriented map editor with a "keep it clean & simple" philosophy.
- Pay what you want: RPG Map II is free for you to use, but if you want to contribute or pay me a beer, you can simply name your own price and decide.
- All commercial uses are permitted, just remember to credit the app :)
- Full HTML 5 version available online
- Easy to use interface with nice looking components :)
- Support for special walls, like diagonal or cavern surfaces.
- RPG agnostic by using generic elements (shapes) instead of specific objects (tables, chairs etc.)
- Raycasted lighting
- Multiple skins
- Texts & icons
- Automatic "legend block" generation
- More to come!
RPG Map II is in Alpha phase for now, so expect many changes along the way. I'll try my best to keep backward-compatibility with your creations, but I can't 100% guarantee it before the Beta phase.
Also, please note that the icons are placeholders and will be changed in a future update.
Desktop vs Browser HTML5 version
All versions work pretty much the same way, but desktop / browser version handle files loading/saving differently. For now, the recommended version is the desktop one, as it features the best file management features.
On the browser version, it's not possible to display a Save As window, as it simply doesn't exist on the web. You will have to go through the standard Download pop-up which can be really annoying if you happen to save a lot. Also, there's no such thing as a "Recent files" thing and other minor UI features.
Note that all maps created on the browser version are of course fully compatible with the desktop versions.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 0.9 - Darkness, fog & new title fonts!26 days ago
- 0.8 - New furniture, nicer toolbar & map imports28 days ago
- 0.7 - Performance boost & better lighting system30 days ago
- 0.6.2: beware, lava!33 days ago
- 0.6: water pools!34 days ago
- 0.5.1 and 0.5.2: stairs & file naming43 days ago
- 0.5: windows (the object, not the OS) & fixes50 days ago
- 0.4.4: "recent files" (Windows only) and Export fixes52 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Guess you are really busy right now?
I have no idea where I can put my wish-list, thats why I'll place it here:
- Bionoms (Desert/Tombs, Swamp, Lava, Ice/Snow, Jungle)
- Can we place floor on walls, instead of firstly removing them with the walls tool?
- Ropes and better ledder/stairs textures.
Thanks for sharing these ideas :)
About the floors on walls, you mean that when painting grounds, walls should be removed automatically, right?
For the stairs textures, any reference image would be really welcome, so I can see what you're looking for exactly :)
Hello! Just to let you know, to keep up the good work! This is an amazing product you have here. Very intuitive and minimal. Sometimes, we don't really need some excessive dungeon/map editor. This fills that perfect niche. Thank you sir!
Hi ! It wouldbe cool to add water in the ground textures :)
But thanks foryour work,it's really nice !
Or better, it would be cool to let us add our textures.
This man is a champion. I've been using his tools for a loooooong time. Make sure you support him.
Just found this tool for my D&D campaign. Works and looks great! Nice job.
One suggestion -- have a feature to import custom icons/tiles/objects.
I can't access the whole toolbar in both download version for Windows on my Full HD 27' screen (in both fullscreen and windowed mode). HTML version works just fine. Nevertheless, this is an incredible work which will save me tons of time in the future. Appreciate alot for make this tool free 1:^)