Latest changes (changelog)
- Pay what you want: RPG Map II is free for you to use, but if you want to contribute or pay me a beer, you can simply name your own price and decide.
- All commercial uses are permitted: if you create a map using RPG Map II, it's yours. Just remember to credit the app :)
- Full HTML 5 version available online (with fullscreen support)
- Supports maps generated by "One Page Dungeon" (by @Watabou)
- Easy to use interface with nice looking components :)
- Support for special walls, like diagonal or cavern surfaces.
- RPG agnostic by using generic elements (shapes) instead of specific objects (tables, chairs etc.)
- Raycasted lighting
- Multiple skins
- Texts & icons
- Automatic "legend block" generation
- More to come!
RPG Map II is in Alpha phase for now, so expect many changes along the way. I'll try my best to keep backward-compatibility with your creations, but I can't 100% guarantee it before the Beta phase.
Also, please note that the icons are placeholders and will be changed in a future update.
Desktop vs Browser HTML5 version
In a nutshell: if you have any issue with the Browser version, please download the Desktop version below.
All versions work pretty much the same way, but desktop / browser version handle files loading/saving differently. For now, the recommended version is the desktop one, as it features the best file management features.
On the browser version, it's not possible to display a Save As window, as it simply doesn't exist on the web. You will have to go through the standard Download pop-up which can be really annoying if you happen to save a lot. Also, there's no such thing as a "Recent files" thing and other minor UI features.
Note that all maps created on the browser version are of course fully compatible with the desktop versions.